- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B005DOK8NW
- Item model number: 53-000078
List Price :
Price : $14.99
You Save : $5.00 (25%)
The United States Kindle power adapter Approved charger for Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, and Kindle DX Totally charges Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, or Kindle DX in four hours or less See Kindle User's Guide for instructions and important safety information and facts
This exact power adapter comes typical with what Amazon calls now the 'Kindle Keyboard' models (Kindle three) but NOT with the Kindle Touch and the least highly-priced model ($79 no touch) now identified as plain 'Kindle'. It can be employed just about anyplace in the globe (100-240V) for as extended as you have the correct plug adapter.
To charge a Kindle you will will need a generic USB Sort A/Micro B cable and 1 is supplied with every single Kindle purchased and you can do it in various several methods:
- Off a laptop or Computer by means of one particular of their 'powered' USB ports (you will desire a laptop or a Computer)
- With this adapter which comes with all Kindle 3s or can be bought separately (you will need to have the Amazon-supplied or any generic USB cable)
- With a third-party, branded or generic USB charger (search Amazon for either 'kindle charger' or 'usb charger')
This specific charger works for all 3d and 4th generation Kindles and is also good for charging lots of other gadgets that get charged by means of an USB port. I am making use of it to charge my Blackberry Torch, a couple of other phones and the kids charge their MP3 players. And the reverse is also correct: most other USB chargers will work with your Kindle. 1 really good example is the Blackberry's.
Amazon's charger may possibly cost a couple of dollars alot more than a generic but it comes with Amazon's logo and some peace of thoughts. For any individual going 'generic', right here are the Amazon adapter's specs:
INPUT (AC): 100-240V, 50/60Hz
OUTPUT (DC): 4.9V, .85A
Costs fluctuate so I am not going to talk about 'price' but it's continually a excellent thought to search Amazon for alternatives prior to putting an order.
I received the USB charger in a plastic bag in an padded envelope from UPS. It is a tad bit high priced for a common USB charger. Hopefully, it's for the top quality, not for the Amazon logo. I bought it for the Kindle Touch, which ironically will nonetheless not be right here for another 2 months.
For those of you asking yourself, the charger has an input of 100-240V-.15A 50/60 Hz and output of 5. V and .85A, so it will need to function for the foreign outlets that have different voltages. Also, it charges my iPod Touch, so I assume that it can function for most consumer goods that need to have to be charged by the USB. In addition, this is little sufficient that it can fit with one particular slot in a surge protector.
Edit:Forget to mention that it really is made in China.
- The United States Kindle power adapter
- Approved charger for Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, and Kindle DX
- Fully charges Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, or Kindle DX in 4 hours or less
- See Kindle User's Guide for directions and vital safety knowledge