Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6 E Ink Display - includes Special

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6
Price : $139.00
Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6

Client Reviews


UPDATE NOVEMBER 2011:
My critique is now over a year old, as is the "Kindle Keyboard" as Amazon calls it now. There are newer models: the simple, cheapie Kindle and the Kindle Touch, and of course the Kindle Fire quasi-tablet.
Each of these models is an wonderful option. Whichever one particular is ideal for you just depends on your preferences.
The three e-ink Kindles are Kindle Keyboard (this one particular), Kindle Touch (the newest "flagship" model), and the standard Kindle. All three of them have Precisely THE Identical 6" DISPLAY, with the same sharp typeface and high contrast that reads like ink on paper with no eyestrain. The Kindle Keyboard is the oldest of these models, and I got a single of the to begin with ones when they came out in August 2010.
I nonetheless absolutely Really like my Kindle Keyboard and use it virtually each and every day. I have read dozens of books on it. I like the newer models, they have some neat capabilities, but the expertise of reading a book on them is no far better or worse than on my 1-year-old Kindle Keyboard. Page turns are now smoother and more quickly on the newest Kindles, but the difference is not adequate to make it worth the cost of upgrading, in my opinion.
The touch-screen interface of the Kindle Touch is fairly neat. But, in contrast to my iPad, I only use my Kindle to read books, and reading books is just as good on any of the current Kindle models. I do not look into the touch screen a "have to have" feature, and I'm ordinarily obsessed with having the most up-to-date version of every tech product I personal.
For that reason, I believe the least expensive Kindle is an excellent choice. It has less memory than the Keyboard or Touch, but it has plenty adequate for 100s of books, and of course you always get totally free storage in the Amazon cloud for any books that you don't need to have on your device at this moment, such as books you have currently read. All your Kindle books are automatically stored in Amazon's cloud, no matter whether they're on your device or not, and finding them back on your device is super-easy, regardless of which Kindle model you have.
If this will be your initial e-reader, you can pick out one particular of these Kindle models or the Barnes and Noble Nook Basic Touch. The Nook Easy Touch has the exact same 6" e-ink display as the 3 Kindle models, but distinctive typefaces. I consider the letters are a little sharper on the Kindles, but the Nook Rather simple Touch typefaces are also extremely readable, plus you get a few far more selections of typefaces compared to the Kindle.
The "Nook 1st Edition" is nonetheless accessible at a steeply discounted price tag, but it is a poor performer by today's standards. (You wouldn't acquire an "ipod 1st edition," except possibly as a collector's item, would you?)
Those are the e-ink Kindles and Nooks. Of course, you could possibly be contemplating 1 of the quasi-tablets, Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet. Both are outstanding, both have their strengths. Nook Tablet's most important advantage is it has twice the internal memory as Kindle Fire - but BN only lets you use a tiny fraction of it for third-party content, whereas you can use all of KF's attainable memory for 3rd party content. And, KF is a lot more cost-effective.
In my opinion, the real deciding element in between a Kindle product and a Nook product is not any certain feature of the hardware or computer software - each product families are wonderful. The true decision point is irrespective of whether you prefer living in Amazon's universe or Barnes Noble's. Content material you get from Amazon only operates with Kindles, although content you get from BN only operates with Nooks.
Each universes have their benefits, so it's a matter of private preference. BN's key advantage is you can take your device into your nearby BN store and get genuine help from a human being. But Amazon has devoted client service lines for Kindle support and you can get a genuine human on the telephone very quickly (in my expertise), and they are particularly beneficial. Plus, Kindles and Nooks are generally really painless to use, so you will probably want really tiny tech support.
I am currently heavily invested into the Amazon universe, getting purchased lots of dozens of Kindle books plus, I have an Amazon prime membership, which to my family members is quite worth the price (you get free of charge streaming video of Tv shows and movies plus unlimited cost-free 2-day air shipping on most Amazon purchases). So if my Kindle were lost or stolen, I'd order one other Kindle product rather than a Nook item.
Whatever you get, you'll quite possibly be pleased. The choices readily available now are fairly fantastic, and costs are greater than ever. It's tough to think that the fundamental Kindle at only 79 bucks performs much better and fees 1/three as a lot as the now two-year-old Kindle 2 (an older, slightly larger version of the Kindle Keyboard).
If you are taking into consideration the Kindle keyboard, you can read my original evaluation of it below. (Sorry it is so extended!) The "nook" it refers to is the "Nook initially edition," which was fine in 2009 but is a poor choice by the standards of at the moment on the market Nook and Kindle models.
------------------------
If you are attempting to opt for among a Nook and a Kindle, possibly I can aid. My wife and I have owned a Nook (the original one particular), a Kindle two, and a Kindle DX. When Amazon announced the Kindle three this summer, we pre-ordered two Kindle 3's: the wi-fi only model in graphite, and the wi-fi + 3G model in white. They arrived in late August and we have utilised them extremely on a regular basis because then. For us, Kindle is superior than Nook, but Nook is a excellent device with its personal benefits that I will talk about below. I'll end this evaluation with a few words about the Nook Color.
Initially, reasons why we prefer the Kindle:
Speed
In our experience, the Kindle is pretty zippy compared to the Nook. Page refresh speed (the time it takes a new page to appear right after you push the page-turn button) was WAY quicker on Kindle two than on Nook, and it's quicker but on Kindle 3. But, I read a entire book on the Nook and did not come across the slower page refresh to be annoying - you get used to it, and it's not a dilemma.
For me, the alot more critical speed difference concerns navigation - moving the cursor about the screen, for example to pick a book from your library, or to jump to a chapter by picking it in the table of contents. On Kindle, you do this by pushing a five-way rocker button, and the cursor moves particularly rapidly. On Nook, you do this by activating the color LCD touchscreen (which normally shuts off when not in use, to conserve battery). A "virtual rocker button" appears on the screen, and you touch it to move the cursor. Sadly, the Nook cursor moves very sluggishly. This might possibly not be a large deal to you, but it genuinely got annoying to me, in particular due to the fact my wife's Kindle was so speedy and responsive.
In November 2010, Nook got a software program upgrade that increases page refresh speed and makes navigation additional responsive. I returned my Nook months ago, so I cannot tell you if the Nook's efficiency is now equal to the Kindle's, but Nook owners in the comments section have convinced me that the software program update improves the encounter of using the Nook. If performance is a major factor in your selection, check out a Ideal Get and compare Kindle and Nook side by side.
Screen contrast
You've seen Amazon's claims that the Kindle 3 e-ink has 50% much better contrast than Kindle 2 or other e-ink devices. I have no way of precisely measuring the improvement in contrast, but I can tell you that the Kindle three display absolutely has significantly more contrast than Kindle 2 or Nook. The difference is noticeable, and necessary: even more screen contrast implies less eyestrain when reading in poorly lit rooms.
In well-lit rooms, the Nook and Kindle 2 have adequate contrast to enable for comfortable reading. But I regularly read in low-light circumstances, like in bed at night, or in a poorly lit room. In these situations, reading on Nook or Kindle two was a bit uncomfortable and normally gave me a mild headache. When I got the Kindle three, the extra contrast was right away noticeable, and created it even more comfy to read under much less-than-perfect lighting circumstances. (If you go with a Nook, just make sure you have a very good reading lamp nearby.)
Battery life
The Nook's color LCD touch screen drains its battery speedily - I could under no circumstances get even more than 5 days out of a charge. The Kindle 2 had longer battery life than the Nook, and Kindle 3 has even longer life: in the three months since we received our Kindle 3's, we commonly get 3 weeks of battery life among charges. (We preserve wireless off about half the time to save battery power.)
Weight
Nook weighs about three ounces more than the new Kindle, and you can really feel the distinction. With out a case, Nook is still light adequate to hold in one particular hand for extended reading sessions without fatigue. But in a case, Nook is a heavy sucker. The new Kindle three is so light, even in a case, we acquire it comfortable holding in one particular hand for extended reading sessions.
Factors some people today might possibly prefer the Nook:
In-retailer experience
If you will need assist with your nook, you can take it to any barnes and noble and get a true human to aid. You can take your nook into the coffee shop section of your nearby BN shop and read any book for free for up to one particular hour per day. When you take your nook to BN, some in-store specific offers and the occasional free of charge book pop up on your screen.
User-replaceable battery
Rechargeable batteries at some point lose their capacity to hold a charge. Nook's battery is user-replaceable and comparatively inexpensive. To replace Kindle's battery, Amazon wants you to ship your Kindle to Amazon, and they will ship you back a Diverse Kindle than the one particular you sent (it is the similar model, for example if you send a white Kindle three,... Read more›

I researched the acquire of a Kindle for a extended time. I couldn't decide regardless of whether or not it was worth acquiring a dedicated e-reader. Boy am I glad I created this purchase. The downside to Amazon's on-line selling of Kindle 3 is that the buyers do not get to see it in individual. It is significantly greater in person. This can sound stupid, but when I got my new Kindle, I believed there was a stuck-on overlay on the screen containing a diagram of the unit's buttons, etc. I really attempted to peel it off. Doh! The e-ink on this unit is THAT great. I didn't realize that I was staring at the actual display. I also did not realize that no power is needed until the display modifications. (therefore the excellent battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading much less or obtaining substantial type books given that of my variable and deteriorating eyesight. The new Kindle has been a godsend. Now, I can determine the size of type I need to have depending on my level of fatigue among other items. The weight and ergonomics are highly very good. For someone, like me, with neuropathy in his hands, it is incredibly easy to manage and enjoyable to own. To me, it is less difficult to read than print books. The ease of navigation is excellent as is the speed. The battery life, so far, has been extraordinary. It very easily connected to our property Wi-Fi, which by design does not broadcast an SSID. It downloads books so rapidly that I pretty much believed they were not completely received. I did not invest in the 3G version for the reason that of the price tag distinction and the truth that there is no coverage exactly where I reside. If you are not consistently traveling, I don't see the desire to spend the added bucks, but that is a matter of private selection. For those who have no Wi-Fi at residence, don't forget that you can continually download the material to your personal computer and transfer it through USB. Just today I was watching an interview with Tony Blair on Television. He was talking about his new book, which sounded intriguing. I picked up the Kindle and downloaded a free sample before the interview was more than. I have only read the preface so far, but will possibly buy the book. Now THAT is a terrific way to obtain a book! I haven't employed via the internet browsing extensively however, but uncover it reasonable for what the device is. This is primarily a book reader, not a laptop or notebook. They are good for what they do, but can not match the e-ink display, or the light weight. For those of you worrying about the wait for the new Kindle, let me finish with, "It is worth the wait" This new Kindle is all about the superior of encounter. There are numerous format selections for electronic reading. If you want the ideal experience, go with the Kindle.

By : Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment